Friday, January 25, 2008

Prison

I was sent to prison (only for a couple of weeks) and I was standing in some kind of lobby area. It looked like Barry Docks train station with a huge glass window separating the prison from the train tracks. There were loads of other prisoners milling about and we were all wearing orange jumpsuits. We were waiting for visitors to come see us, and I went over to one group of guys (who were my friends) and we stood about chatting. Most of the prisoners dispersed to the big window to see their visitors so I wandered back towards the main body of the prison. I walked past a load of cells to what looked like a few hotel rooms without walls; there were some single beds and wardrobes separated into small cubicles. Because I was the only girl in the prison I got one of these sections instead of a cell, yay. I was looking through my stuff for pyjamas when I noticed a Sarah (but I didn't know her) unpacking a suitcase onto a bed near mine. I thought "yay, a girl" after spending weeks with scary men, so we made friends. We drank a bottle of rose one of us had sneaked in (which tasted like strawberry) and went for a look around. I hadn't noticed before but the rest of the prison was a shop...

No comments: