Saturday, February 2, 2008

Bauble

1) I was at some kind of convention which looked a bit like a Christmas market (without the Christmocity). It was indoors but the floor was cobbled and the ceilings were really high, and there were lots of wooden stalls with fabric and wooden awnings in front. I was riding Lennox (one of our old horses) and I think it pissed everyone off that there was a horse in their market. I kept having to steer away from the stalls so I didn't get decapitated by the awnings.

2) I was down the Knap by the lifeboat station and it was a peculiar time of day...the sky was greyish-blue and it was getting darker. The tide was coming in fast and the water was purple and blue, it looked a bit like the iridescence when oil floats on the top of water. It looked like it had the consistency of molten metal. It looked more like a painting than anything, it was beautiful.
I was standing on the rocks with some Australians who were worried about something and wanted to leave. I was annoyed with them because it was so peaceful and pretty and they were trying to make me come with them. One of them was trying to line up some dim plastic lights on little grey stalks.... I looked back towards the beach and there was a huge (8 feet?) glass bauble on the surface of the water coming towards us. It was a giant version of some beads we made earrings out of. I'm not sure if that was what the Australians had been dreading, but they scarpered.

No comments: