Sunday, December 16, 2007

Dust

Me and some friends (I think?) were in a village on top of a mountain which was really dry and arid. Everything was orangey and dusty, it felt like I was maybe in South America. The village looked a bit like the street market in Aladdin (haha) with woven blankets, stalls and ladders made of wooden poles and there were quite a lot of people around. Because it was on top of a mountain the whole place seemed quite precarious and uphill. At some point we knew someone or something bad was coming so all the people around me were climbing up ladders and stairs to get higher up the mountain. I could see people behind me being dragged back down by something and digging their fingers in the floor. I followed a little girl into a gap in a wall and up a ladder through a hatch but I couldn't get past her, so I hid under a pile of baskets and blankets. I could see the girl out of the corner of my eye being dragged from the hatch. Whatever it was stopped or went away so I and the remaining villagers went back to the main square and there were just a few bits of sticks strewn about.

No comments: